• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

Re: What ELSE are you listening to?

#65204 3 years ago
Some guy at work just burned me some Soja, will be jamming to this today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#65376 3 years ago
Right now listening to the Dinosaurs, recorded at the WOW Hall in Eugene - Oct 22, 1988.
John Cipollina - you are missed!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#71147 3 years ago
MushroomMan wrote:
getting ready for the Vibes this year I've been listening to some Dr. John, Elvis Costello, Levon Helm, Taj Mahal, Tedeschi Trucks Band, David Gans - and of couse all the usual Dead related material.

Thanks on mentioning David Gans. I'm watching a video of him on archives now. He's better than I imagined (musically); perhaps his voice will grow on me...... www.archive.org/details/dgans2009-02-13.mpg4

I am trying to stay away from the gd channel, at least at work.

I've also been listening to a lot of Zen Tricksters (my house band growing up ... they eventually went on to bigger and better including Phil and Friends, DSO with Donna G ++).

Also as much Keller Williams, Joe Craven (thanks to a fellow fan from this site) and John Prine as I can find. And lots of stuff by the band with and without Dylan.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#71156 3 years ago
Miles Davis Live in Stockholm 1960.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
HeatherB
Junior Boarder
Inspiration move me brightly

#73402 3 years ago
Hiromi Uehara

Just discovered her. She's incredible.

fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#75432 3 years ago
has anyone picked up Daniel Lanois Black Dub luvin that along with Trixies voice. Although the tiny desk concerts left me confused when I heard album I think it's one of the best I've heard lately that I can remeber also Robbie Roberstons new one has a couple great songs on it. Warren Haynes Man in Motion. BTW don't good speakers make a HUGE diff.!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#76285 3 years ago
just saw Anders Osborne and Karl Denson's Tiny Universe this past weekend at the Independent in SF and have been listeining to recordings of the shows. it was my first time seeing Anders and he was awesome. both nights he did a 45 minute set to open the show... night 1 he did 4 songs, night 2 he did 3 songs. nice long intense jams, just the way it like it! set two was Anders with Karl Denson's Tiny Universe doing the Rolling Stones' Sticky Fingers album in its entirety. set 3 was Karl Denson's Tiny Universe doing its normal thing. all i can say is WOW, freakin' fantastic! Karl has a new guitarist in the band (i'm pretty sure his name is DJ Williams) and he rips. if you get a chance to see these KDTU Sticky Fingers shows, do not hesitate!
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds