• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Bucket list for amazing artists

#50002 3 years, 1 month ago
Great call mirabelasunshine. I just bought a book at Borders, 500 greatest rock bands and Chuck was #2 or 3 behind only the beatles. According to the book, he doesn't play too often anymore (He's in his upper 70's). Glad you pointed out that he tours.

Wow, he's playing New Years in NYC....hmmmmmmm

Trivia question on the Chuck Berry page of the book: "The legendary Chuck Berry had only one #1 hit - it wasn't Nadine or Johnny B Goode. What was his only number one hit? (answer below - scroll down a bit)

My Ding-A- Ling - almost comical
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by scar1et_f1re.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#50216 3 years, 1 month ago
I saw Waters at Radio City Music hall in 1985. Wonderful performance. I am hoping his wall tour comes to the states in '12 and possibly with Gilmour.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#51275 3 years, 1 month ago
Ive seen Santana twice in Vegas (at the Hard Rock) and he was amazing, he toured recently in the SW, but if he EVER comes around the NE I will be there. Scarlett you would love it, he just has it and his band is HUGE!!!! It's such a cool show.
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#51281 3 years, 1 month ago
Im gonna go with:
BB King
Buddy Guy
David Gilmour (seen Waters a couple times could do with or without him, wouldn't mind seeing Nick Mason though)
ROBERT HUNTER!! (Soooo bad)
Clapton
Beck (as in 90's star, seen him once without knowing much about him and i got hooked!)
Neil Young (Down By The River)
and if anyone has a time machine I will give you my left nut and a p&b sandwich to see The Band (or just Danko/ Manuel bar shows)
Les Claypools Flying Frog Brigade with that tree guy on guitar and Chimenti on keys
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51301 3 years, 1 month ago
^^^^^

iamthedoor, a rarity to find other flying frog brigade fans...i also like the holy mackeral and oysterhead is okay...

but i actually saw the flying frog brigade a few times during their short existance...something else!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#51346 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
^^^^^

iamthedoor, a rarity to find other flying frog brigade fans...i also like the holy mackeral and oysterhead is okay...

but i actually saw the flying frog brigade a few times during their short existance...something else!

I envy you more and more with each post man haven't heard much Holy Mackeral but I get down with oysterhead
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#51370 3 years, 1 month ago
we need to get a hold of les and demand more frog brigade shows
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#51415 3 years, 1 month ago
Agreed, I think hes playin the Wiltern in La in October with Primus. Now if we can only obtain the blueprints to the Wiltern, Im sure platy could easily walk backstage without being noticed, give Les a swig off the ol Kool aid an sit him down for a nice mature talk bout a healthy Brigade reunion!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#51437 3 years, 1 month ago
I realized I should probably try to add the rolling stones and maybe even a 2nd shot of the who (Don't even know how often they tour).

I also realized I should add Lynyrd Skynyrd to the list too. If nothing else, just to hear freebird live (in my top two songs growing up before I got hooked on the dead). And how's this for messed up, I took my daughter camping this weekend near Bethel (Beaverwood Farm, very cool place). I didn't know it but Lynyrd Skynyrd was playing in Bethel this weekend, and when I realized (from other guests staying at the farm) it was too late. Oh well, I believe they tour a fair amount.

And Bob Weirs scaring the children, if they tour again I am all over that show. I heard their show this weekend was really really good. Only thing is it was one long set, but probably a short show if you have to travel a long distance.

Can't wait for Bobby to reschedule his solo show in Westbury NY. I hear that will likely be rescheduled right after furthur finishes touring this year (per David Gans).
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#51590 3 years, 1 month ago
I've seen a lot of the people listed here:
The Who at CNE stadium, toronto, 1989 (camping out for this show outside the stadium was almost as much fun as the show)
Neil Young and Willie Nelson at the Bridgeschool show (1991) the night before the Bill Graham show in golden gate park
Pink Floyd at the CNE in 1988 and then BC Place Stadium in 94 (second show was boring, even with astonimy opener)
Roger Waters at the Kingswood, summer 87 better than Floyd
BB King once in Freiburg, Germany in 93 and Vancouver in 98 (he sat down the whole show and hardly played guitar)
Did anyone mention John Lee Hooker, probably not, now I'm just bragging. Saw him twice.

My list: Page and Plant for sure, listened to them outside a sold out show at GM Place Vancouver on a date haha
Paul or Ringo, for sure
Aretha Franklin would probably be my number one pick though, I love her early stuff. If you don't have Live at Fillmore West it it is a must own album along with the King Curtis companion album. I was fortunate enough to see James Brown (Frankfurt 1993) and Ray Charles (Vancouver 1995 for free) so I know, once they are gone, they are gone.
Elton John: not bloody likely, same goes for Clapton, never been a fan.

Time to create page: 0.37 seconds