• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Bucket list for amazing artists

#49793 3 years, 2 months ago
With a little advice from this board I realized I must see Bob Dylan while he's still touring. Others on my list are:

Eric Clapton
Paul McCartney (I can take out a second mortgage on my house to buy a ticket)
Elton John (amazingly, probably the 2nd best performer I have ever seen live...besides the gd, et al)
Pink Floyd - and / or Roger Waters/ David Gilmore (sp?) - Prefer the vocals of Roger Waters

Any other suggestions? I will see anything dead related, so they're not even listed here
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Bucket list for amazing artists

#49837 3 years, 2 months ago
I got to see Bob Dylan's Rothbury set in 09. I'm not too sure of any other artist besides dead shows I just have to see. Any dead show I can get the chance I'll do! I even went to two Donna Jean shows just to get my fix. And the first time I went to see her I didn't enjoy it that much.lol

Living in St.Louis not too many good shows happen here. So on my bucket list is not what artists do I need to see....it's what cities do I need to go to see a show. On my list

Bay Area
Anywhere in Colorado
New York City

And I told myself I must do these three by next winter!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#49852 3 years, 2 months ago
I still really want to see:

Pink Floyd/Gilmore/Waters (preferably together)
Van Morrison
Plant/Page reunion

And there’s certainly a bunch more that I’m sure I’d enjoy. I did really well last year and knocked off several firsts: Dave Mason, Leon Russell, Bob Dylan, Ian Anderson and Dr. John. All great and should have been seen sooner.
Chester
More or less in line

#49857 3 years, 2 months ago
I've seen Pink Floyd, without Waters twice. So, I guess to see them with both front men would be nice.
I've seen Dylan about 15 times. Will see him again when time and money allow, but not a bucket list item.
Never seen Morrison, but he doesn't play very many shows anymore. And when he does, it's very expensive.
Caught the Page Plant reunion twice. Very happy with that.
Still haven't seen McCartney. That would be near the top of the list.
Not interested in Elton John. I like his early work. But not on my list at all.
Ive also seen Clapton. Although I would love to see him again,
Jeff Beck is on my list as well, but like Morrison, his touring is limited, and tickets are very expensive.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#49864 3 years, 2 months ago
Oh, how did I forget Neil Young (if he still tours)

Steve Winward (toured recently (with Clapton)

Ringo Starr if he comes anywhere local

Stumbling around archives I saw a country Joe McDonald show from 2005. The Fish Cheer would be cool.

And Hot Tuna / Jorma. Played local when Furthur was around last time so it didn't work for me. Jorma is the chit.

And add the Dave Nelson Band high on my list - but he's seldom in the east from what I've seen

I think Richie Havens still tours, probably great to see.

Santana is another one, a real super star.

And Arlo Guthrie still tours (I believe sometimes with his kids). Bet he's amazing (must be special to see Alices Restaurant live). You can find his pretty extensive touring schedule here. www.arlo.net/

Would pass on Sha Na Na if they still come around

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#49866 3 years, 2 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I still really want to see:

Pink Floyd/Gilmore/Waters (preferably together)
Van Morrison
Plant/Page reunion

And there’s certainly a bunch more that I’m sure I’d enjoy. I did really well last year and knocked off several firsts: Dave Mason, Leon Russell, Bob Dylan, Ian Anderson and Dr. John. All great and should have been seen sooner.

Waters / Gilmore would be amazing. So would counting the angels dancing on a pin (unless something changed with these two - I thought it was real bad blood).

SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#49868 3 years, 2 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Elton John (amazingly, probably the 2nd best performer I have ever seen live...besides the gd, et al)

I have to agree. My best friend is a big Eltonhead, so I've seen him multiple times. You would be amazed how good he is live!Though they're the same songs as the albums, like the Dead does, he really changes things up live, and his energy can't be matched. Not to mention his piano playing skills. His is a show that will really surprise someone that's just familiar with the radio music.
And Waters/Gilmore is likely a pipe dream, but I can hope! Steve Winwood is a great show, too, btw.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by SunshineSue.
Chester
More or less in line

#49874 3 years, 2 months ago
I've seen Richie Havens twice. Amazing performer. He still tours at least occasionaly.
Also have seen Arlo and Country Joe. Coincidentally, at the same show. 25th anniversary reunion concert, at the original
Woodstock site, in White Lake NY. Saw Richie for the first time there as well. And it was free! (Sha Na Na was there as well)
I've seen Neil a couple times. He still tours, and puts on a great show. Saw Santana once, in 92. Phish opened. Great show.
Hot Tuna is still touring. They are a must see anytime they come near.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#49880 3 years, 2 months ago
Shoot, I forgot the legend who opens every grateful dead tour for me, good old Willie Nelson. I play his song "On the Road Again" every time I get in my car on the way to a show. Another must see. (he also does an amazing Stella Blue - that one's hard to find online). And who can forget him at the 9-11 benefit concert. One of the best songs I've ever heard anyone play anywhere. Beyond words...

Oh, how about Stevie Wonder?

And I should probably go to the blue note or another jazz club again, been too long, yikes.....so much to do... so little time. .....

~Teach your children Well

Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
mirabelasunshine
Junior Boarder

#49945 3 years, 2 months ago
Lots of good replies ...

I'm surprised that on a message board full of people touched by Garcia's guitar playing, nobody has mentioned CHUCK BERRY ...

chuckberry.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3077

... he still plays dozens of shows a year.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds